SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR 10-MINUTE PLAYS
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting playwrights to submit previously unproduced scripts for its 7th Annual Ten-Minute Play Festival. Between 6 and 10 scripts will be produced June 7-9, 2019, at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in Downtown Lafayette.
* Only residents of the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation may submit. These counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Submissions must be sent as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Playwrights must include a title page with the play's title, playwright's name and contact information. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the script. Please format in 12 point font.
* The second page of the submission should include the title, a list of characters and the setting.
* The play should last no longer than 10 minutes, which often translates to 1 minute per page, not including the title page and the character/setting page. Plays that last longer than 10 minutes will be disqualified.
* There is no cost to submit a script. Playwrights are limited to submitting no more than 2 scripts.
* Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time. There will be a small stipend awarded to winning playwrights.
* Cast size: Casts smaller than 5 characters are preferred.
* Content: No restrictions. Please keep in mind technical limitations of the festival. Shows with multiple locations, extensive technical requirements, or large casts will have less chance of being selected.