- About Us
News & Events
2016-2017 Teen Troupe for ages 13-18 More details
October 8 – 9
Teen Night at the Theatre More details
January 9 – May 31
Private Coaching More details
Spring Break Camp: Musical Theatre Experience More details
Spring Session for 7-8 Year Olds: "Character Building: On and Off the Stage" More details
Civic produces many shows throughout the year in several distinct series:
- Our Main Stage series, our most popular, is over 75 years old and is composed of a variety of shows including comedies, dramas, and musicals.
- Our comparatively new Stage Reading series involves actors with scripts in hand, employing minimal movement, and reading a play aloud. Staged Reading series productions are each a one-night-only, pay-what-you-can performance that allows Civic to try out shows that we might not otherwise have the time to produce and offers a chance for people to get involved in acting with minimal time commitment. Also, each year we try to have one Stage Reading that is the never-before-produced work of a local playwright. If you are a local playwright, please contact the Civic office at 765-423-PLAY or email@example.com for script submission guidelines and schedules. Your show could be next!
- Civic Youth Theatre (CYT) is a rapidly growing program that offers Theatre Camp Classes and production opportunities for area youth ages 6 and up. Each year, Civic Youth Theatre presents four productions on the Civic stage. Of course, the on-stage roles are played by young people, but many people do not realize that all back-stage roles are filled by students as well! The Civic Youth productions need help in lighting, set construction, costumes, makeup, and stage management. This gives area youth the opportunity to learn every aspect of theatrical production! You can also experience teamwork and learn the pride which is felt in helping to create something so spectacular. There is no charge to be involved in a CYT production and CYT class enrollment is not required. Many of the CYT participants go on to become involved in adult productions at Civic, but even if you never again set foot in a theatre, the lessons learned with Civic Youth Theatre will stay with you for a lifetime!
- Civic regularly produces a few shows which are not a part of any series. These include family-friendly holiday shows, special musical productions, and musicals for more mature audiences.
- Civic holds classes and workshops on a variety of theatrical topics, including acting and character development, directing, light and sound design, and many more topics. Classes and workshops are offered for both children and adults. No experience is necessary, and all are welcome. Come learn more about the process!